Sunday, December 26, 2010

Itty Bitty Kitty Committee

Most of you know that I am a magnet for needy animals....they seem to always know where to find me and I seem to be completely incapable of turning them away...;)  No Matter Where I go, There they are....!!

Meet "Itty Bitty Kittie"...or "Little Bit"....
She is about 6-7 months old, but is the runt and sickly...she is half the size of her litter mates and not growing.
She had weepy and goopy eyes that would get stuck closed every day and a respiratory infection resulting in a runny nose that would also get crusted over and sometimes blocked.  She was very thin and would not have survived in the cold...probably wouldn't have survived long enough for it to GET cold....sooooo, what could I do?


She LOVES Jackpot...my big Polydactyl cat....he tolerates her and even plays and cuddles with her most of the time...but when she gets too rambunctious, and attacks him to much... he gives her a big "smack down!"


She sleeps on a pad with a sheepskin under a warm lamp....its like an Itty Bitty Kitty tanning bed.... !
Yeah, she's a total Diva! LOL!

I brought a lot of veterinary stuff and natural remedies with me...so she's getting treatment and is doing better. Her eyes are clear now and the drippy nose is much improved. She certainly has plenty of energy! (well that last picture doesn't look like it, but trust me....she can "git it" when she is awake!)
All Creatures Great and Small...the Lord God Made Them All...right? ;) So with prayers and a little human help...I think she's going to make it!

Blessing to everyone!


3 comments:

  1. She's lovely! She'd better make it or I'll cry even more than I did over the Christmas story you posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah...I think she has a good shot at making it. She went out yesterday and caught herself a big fat vole...as little as she is and as big as that thing was...she could barely lift it to carry it along. Kept dropping it because she couldn't lift her head high enough with it in her mouth to see where she was going!
    The other cats came to try to take it and she growled like a Mountain Lion at them...LOL! I think they did finally take it from her....but she caught it! A good sign!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not so long ago Miss Jessica was on a sheepskin! Hard to imagine. Miss you. Probably not doing this right ... open to suggestions! bonnie

    ReplyDelete