Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Spring around the corner...Anxiety Risin'

Well, I know the frequency of my blog posts has slowed...mainly because there's nothing new to report. Weather is the same, landscape is the same, kitties and Doodle are the same...still have the same few barns (only three of which can be expected to stay on a regular schedule)....same, same, same....

Winter is stir crazy time here...nothing much happens, no events or anything to attend to make many connections on the horse front. Most folks hang out in the local "saloons" , if they hang out at all...so its bars or nothing and that is SOOOOOO not my scene!

Things will start jumpin' here locally in April when they have the Spring Roundup and drive the horses through downtown Three Forks...
For those of you who are interested (yooo hooo, Mary Leslie?) this years Horse Round Up is April 22-24
http://www.montanahorses.com/html/Horse_Drive.html

This year they have anew thing...a photography expedition! 
http://www.montanahorses.com/html/Horse_Drive_Photo_Expedition.html (HEY MARY! ;)


I look forward to it and dread it at the same time. Just as I look forward to and dread the beginning of "horse" events here. While it will be a time to meet with horse folks and make more connections, it will require a huge amount of biting my tongue as I walk among people who  in many cases, treat horses in ways I am vehemently opposed to and work hard to educate against. Talk about a rock and a hard place!!

Anyway...with the world on fire and gas prices threatening to go to $4 or $5 a gallon...that will certainly put a damper on my plans since there is nowhere in Montana that isn't a hefty drive from anywhere else!! Add to that...I still need to find a place to rent where I can bring the critters up...gas prices could seriously effect that even if I find a place! I can hear my hair turning grayer by the minute! So anxiety is risin'...but I'm flexible and resilient if anything...so I'll roll with whatever comes ;)

Hope all is well with all of you.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for keeping us up to date and entertaining us with your stories. I don't get a chance to read these too ofter, but when I do (just got caught up on them,) I enjoy them. Here's hoping your business keeps growing. Shawn, the horses and the dogs are all doing great. Me too! Now if we could only get some income generated. Take care! Hugs, Lynne Sullivan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear from you Lynne! Glad everyone is doing great! Be sure to give Kilkenny and Cody a hug and belly scritchie for me ;)

    ReplyDelete