Saturday, November 20, 2010

Hard at Work?

Well, things are hoppin' here....NOT! I did make some good connections with fellow trimmers here. Two great gals that I have "known" for years in the barefoot circles, but have never met in person.

Pat Beebe is a trimmer about 3 hours west of me. We met for coffee and I rode with her on one of her barn calls last month. We have been keeping in touch since and I hope to go visit her at her farm sometime soon...weather (read snow) permitting!

Pat introduced me to a very nice couple near me. The husband, Michael, has been trimming their own horses and needs occasional guidance. He asked me to come for a visit. He has a lot of horse connections, so in exchange for him spreading the word about me I assessed his horses and critiqued his trimming. He has been in touch since and is a very nice guy.

Pam Dunkle and I met for coffee just a few days ago. Super nice gal who already "knew" me, again from within the barefoot camp over the years. She is much closer, just about 45 minutes east of me down in Bozeman. We are planning a get together at her place for more coffee (yay!) and a tour of her farm and a near by rehab barn where she volunteers her time and skills. Pam, her husband and their grown daughter all trim together. They will have some downtime this coming week but its going to be in the MINUS-teens here....uh....I'm not sure I have enough pairs of long johns for that...we'll see!

So some momentum is building...keep those prayers coming!

In the meantime, my critters are very hard at work around here....

Here's Spencer


Jackpot


...and somewhere under this pile...is the Mighty Doodle Dog, bravely facing the winter cold!

2 comments:

  1. What... No post detailing the cadaver cecum exploding in your face??? LOL
    Georgia misses you,
    Pete

    ReplyDelete
  2. BWAHAHAHAHA! I REALLY wish we had been rolling film on that one!!! Would happily post that and all the really cool dissection pics I DO have if it was only us hard core hoof types reading this blog..LOL!

    I miss you guys too...more than you'll know!

    ReplyDelete