Monday, January 10, 2011

Itty Bitty Kitty Update

Well, Itty Bitty Kitty is doing great! Nose cooties seem to be pretty much conquered. She's full of energy, likes nothing better than to rearrange the location of every loose object in sight! She has a particular attraction to pens. When I worked in the medical profession, it was always a battle to hang onto pens, someone was always swiping someone else's pen...you guarded really good pens with your life and snarled at anyone who even looked at it!  Now, I have to chase a kitten down for my pen...LOL! She uses her front paws like hands and actually picks things up between them, then stands up on her hind legs holding her prize in the air. Talent!!

The only problem I've noticed since all her infections seem to have cleared is that she cannot "meow" ...she tries to "talk" to me often, asking to be rubbed, scritched, petted or held, but an only manage a raspy little hissing sound. The extent of her early illness may have damaged her vocal chords. I hope it will improve in time. Its kind of sad, but does add to her "Awwwwww" factor!

She stays close to her "big brother" Jackpot...just the cutest little thing!


Awwwwww! ;)

She doesn't have a real name yet....I'm open to suggestions!


3 comments:

  1. Since she's a survivor you could name her after a tough female character, fictional or historical...if I could think of a good example I'd suggest a name but I'm drawing a blank at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother suggested "Smidge" as in Smidgen due to her size.
    I'm leaning toward Tinker for multiple reasons:
    small size (Tinker Bell)
    always messing with something (tinkering)
    and 'tinker as a contraction of "stinker"!!

    Are you thinking along the lines of "Zena Warrior Princess"? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never watched the show, but I do have a friend with a cat named Zena after the Warrior Princess! Hmm, my favorite yoga poses are the various "Warrior" ones, but I guess that's not a very feminine name, and she's so petite and feminine looking. I like "Tinker" and you've got a lot of good reasons for that name. I like names like that, that have a story behind them.

    ReplyDelete