Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Fall Possibilities

Fall has arrived in Montana, but oddly its been warmer here most days than back in Georgia! Weird! There are many Aspens here, which turn beautiful shades of yellow, not much in the way of red and orange fall foliage. What's interesting here is the wind versus the leaves. The wind can be pretty strong, especially when is sweeps through the valley. I've noticed with some humor, that the leaves will turn (a few at a time as is normal anywhere), then a strong wind blows through, rips them off and everything is green again. Its as if nature cannot make up her mind...LOL!

Because of that, I haven't been able to get any decent fall pictures, but one of my friends here took this one and sent it to me... a beautiful shot of the Bridger Mtn range.


On another note, here is a picture of my friends' domestic horses taken a couple of days ago. Poor, poor horses, no barn, no stalls, no manicured lush pasture, no water troughs...being forced to walk into a river over a very rocky shore. OMG!! They have to live like wild horses...LOL!!!


As far as horse work goes, its slow going. However, I have connected with a fellow trimmer about two hours from here. We've "known" each other via online communities since she first got into barefoot trimming a number of years ago. We are going to get together and talk horse and whatever else. She has already been very helpful with insights to the horse culture here. It's not that different from down there...all types of mindsets although the percentage of hard core "cowboys" is higher here! I also have had contact from a woman who would like me to come teach her how to care for her own horses...that is how it begins ;) In the meantime, I continue to meet folks (some awesome folks) and hand out my business card. All the while I hang onto my mantra, "Where God guides, God provides." So, I know it will all work out.

OH! One more thing...one of my friends here is a master jeweler who makes some amazing items. He actually used to live in GA not far from me for many years. He did all the usual jewelry stuff, had a very successful business and also did custom artful pieces - he is quite gifted. But after years and years of that, he is burned out on it...BUT willing to teach me. How cool is that?
You might be interested to see some of the stuff he has done since being up here:
You should look up "opalwood"...it is actual wood, trees that went through whatever happens after a volcanic eruption then over time turns the wood into stone. Its more than just petrified wood, it actually turns into a type of opal! Its just amazing stuff! I've seen the raw pieces...and the opal in the core of the better ones...who'd a thunk??! LOL! Anyway, the stones in those pieces at his site, are cabochons made from this "wood."

More soon! Take care and love to all!


No comments:

Post a Comment