Thursday, September 16, 2010

Settling In

Currently, I am about 30 miles west of Bozeman, MT in the Gallatin Valley. Here's a bit about the county. Lots of cool history here!

A nearby town is Three Forks. The three forks of the Missouri River were discovered by Lewis and Clark in 1805, located at the historically significant site where the Madison, Gallatin, and Jefferson rivers converge to form the Missouri River. Lewis and Clark were unable to decide which river was the Missouri, so they named the three rivers. The first fork was named for Albert Gallatin, Secretary of the Treasury; the second for James Madison, Secretary of State, and the third for Thomas Jefferson, President of the United States.

How cool is that?

I met some great folks nearby. They have horses and mules (shod though)...He is retired Army, she is an artisan who makes "rustic" furniture, very high end stuff and beautiful! They have a log home that they built themselves...it is just stunning! I will be pet sitting their dogs and horses/mules next week while they are gone...my first "job." The best part was being able to hug and smell a horse...I'm in horse withdrawal and needed a "fix!" LOL!
They had their horses barefoot, apparently and a friend of theirs is a barefoot trimmer. I don't yet know what sent them back to shoes, but I think they do "get it" in general terms. We'll see what happens there. An interesting note is that the gal who does the trimming is wanting to get out of it. Hmmmmm! Might be able to just pick up her client base! Prayers and fingers crossed!

I still have some unpacking to do....but won't unpack everything as I don't know when a opportunity will take me in another direction.


I do miss everyone, especially my family and my little Budda Man (my grandson). I hope to keep up with this blog and with all of you, so feel free to comment or email (my email is still the same for now).

3 comments:

  1. We miss you 'round here! Glad you're posting a blog so i can keep an eye on you! Soooo when will you be ready to recieve visitors?

    Have fun, work hard, take a few breaths of that air for me and.... Georgia is ready when you are- January is coming! Brrrrrrrrrrrrr,
    Pete Ramey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Pete!
    I'm only about 3-4 hours from the Prior Mountain Mustangs....wanna come??!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so COOL Cindy - I'm fascinated by the wholeLewis and Clark Journey and now you are THERE!! I am dying to see the pryor mountain mustangs!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete