Monday, September 20, 2010

Local Images

Hey everyone!
I took some pictures of the nearby landscape for your viewing pleasure. Caution!! It might make you want to come here! LOL!

These are two pictures from a drive through a forested area. The waterfall was right alongside the roadway.



This meadow was a big surprise! I pulled into a heavily wooded campsite to walk Doodle dog and as I headed down a path, it suddenly opened up into this stunning little meadow complete with a small lake. It was totally hidden and completely surrounded by forested hills. What a treasure!



These are some pictures less than a mile from me.
The four below are shots of local farmland.





The mountain in the center is called "Hollow Top"(10,513 alt.).
You can see the bowl of snow in peak, or what was the peak.
This is an old volcano that "blew its top" at some time in the remote past.



Some local views of the Jefferson River.






Roadway view



Cool trestle bridge on the dirt road into town.
I took this picture because as I looked through the bridge,
it looked like an awesome "frame" for the view out of the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment